26 May 2006

MST3K (K08)

K08 - Gamera vs Guiron - Despite Joel announcing this particular movie in the last episode, the Mads play with our hopes by pretending to have a non-Gamera movie to show. I notice in this segment that Dr. F has a stethoscope around his neck. That solves one mystery: he's got an M.D. in mad science. I'd pegged him as a mad psychoanalyst.

No callers!? The best part of the KTMA host segments was missing in this episode. Will the voicemail make a return, or are we transitioning to Still Store letters? I hope there are more birthday invitation-, misunderstanding-, accidental swearing-filled audio messages in the future.

Whew. The last Gamera movie (until August or so, anyway). I like giant monsters just fine, but five of the same in a row begins to wear on a guy. I'm looking forward to diving into the non-repeated, all-original KTMA movies coming up. (5/10)

film d. Noriaki Yuasa (1969)
mst d. Vince Rodriguez (8 Jan 1989)