26 January 2007

MST3K (616)

616 - Racket Girls (w/ Are You Ready for Marriage?) - Gah, never trust Blogger's "recover post" function. I just lost my original review for this episode and it failed to autosave anything useful from it. Gotta go out to eat now, so this will have to be brief.

The film was nearly as wretched as Monster A-Go Go. Luckily, the guys do a much better job saving the movie with their riffing. The endless lady rasslin' matches gave them plenty of time to riff away. The riffing during the short was also excellent. I think Are You Ready for Marriage? is one of my favorite education shorts now.

Blah! Ick! I had a gut-level revulsion to the host segments in which Crow decides to marry Servo, and it wasn't because they're programmed with the same gender. I think it's because I consider them siblings. Crow wants to marry his own brother? Yuck! Weirdly, Mike doesn't seem to have too much of a problem with it. I suppose he's right. Our evolved aversion to incest really doesn't apply to inhuman robots that lack the danger of creating genetic freak babies together. Still... eww.

"That bra's about as sexy as a concrete abutment." (7/10)

film d. Robert C. Derteno (1951)
short d. Gil Altschul (1950)
mst d. Trace Beaulieu (26 Nov 1994)