25 September 2006

MST3K (403)

403 - City Limits - "He's got a Picasso boob... platter on." Not a bad show. I'm partial to post-apocalyptic movies. This wasn't a particular good example of that genre, but it was filled with complete doofuses riding bikes. JatB had their fun with it. I do have to admit, I've never see an evil-bad guy offed by a desk before.

C'mon guys... having two identical host segments back-to-back is cheating. Yes, their list of funny super hero ideas is plenty amusing. Sure, throwing a couple more on the pile in the following segment was even more amusement. It was also pretty disappointing. Host segments are the much-needed break from the movie. I look forward to them. What are the guys gonna do next? Will Crazy Joel return? Maybe we'll get another song? Perhaps it's time for a visit from Mike? A goofy reenactment of a scene from the movie is always welcome. With all of that potential floating in the air, it was a bummer for it to collapse into "oh, more of the same."

The best part about the "Oh, Kim Cattrall" host segment isn't the song itself. It's the fact that Kim herself randomly discovered this song playing on TV.

"I was in my hotel room and was channel surfing. And what do I hear but my own name being sung by a small golden man. And it just went on like that. I yelled for my boyfriend to come in and see this. We were just in shock. A few minutes later, one of my lesser accomplishments came on: City Limits. I called my publicity agent and asked him if Mystery Science Theater 3000 was a real show. He said yes. I called my florist and had an odd request: to send a bouquet of flowers to a Crow T. Robot. It went to a place called Eden Prairie. Later on, Trace and I met and corresponded. And that is how Mystery Science Theater 3000 came into my life." (from misties.com)
Why didn't anyone mention this awesomeness in the ACEG entry for 403?

"Hey, who invited the stinky guy? Smells like Pussy Nibbles®." (7/10)

film d. Aaron Lipstadt (1984)
mst d. Jim Mallon (20 Jun 1992)

[written whilst enjoying a Number 1 at Flim Flam]